Random thoughts on the first day of the year:
1. We stayed in last night and had pizza and played games and watched football. They say that whatever you are doing on New Year’s Eve you will do for the rest of the year.
Pizza and football and card games on repeat?
2. I filmed a new “What I Bought Wednesday” for the YouTube channel. So many fun finds and the BEST way to pour pancakes into the skillet.
You can see it here.
3. Thank you so much for all the movie recommendations. We rewatched “The Holiday” for the zillionth time. Such a sweet, sweet love story. I think Jude Law has twinkling eyes, too.
4. It was an amazing look back on the blog. We talked about the top 10 of y’all’s favorite blog posts of 2021 and y’all’s favorite things you purchased in 2021 and the top 10 DIYs on the blog and the top 10 decor hacks of 2021.
5. Santa brought me the iPhone 13 for Christmas. Have any of you tried the camera yet? AMAZING. There’s a button you can click at the bottom of your pictures with a .5 that lets you get so much of the picture in the frame.
6. Baylor is playing in the Sugar Bowl today against Ole Miss. I have two football words for you today.
Let’s start the year off right with a little organization and decorating inspiration.
Doesn’t this look amazing?
It’s confetti popcorn with white chocolate and it’s such an easy (remember my word of the year) recipe.
These creative organizing ideas.
You’ll never guess where her television is.
This is the time of year when my heart is hungry for projects.
Like making over thrift store finds. Here are four techniques to make those finds even cuter.
And I loved this beaded bowl.
It’s such a fun project.
And in random news:
These infused water recipes
These words of wisdom
And this sweet friend of mine just posted her very first YouTube video. I’m SO PROUD of her. If you get a minute can you stop by and say hello.
You can see it here.
And one more for the road
If you are looking for an easy DIY to give your home personality after the Christmas lights are put away?
Here’s how to make a DIY topiary from ivy.