Looking for blue and white fall living room decor ideas? Here are nine tips for decorating with orange as an accent color.
Happy almost September.
Can I ask you a question? I want your opinion. Don’t hold back. Tell me like it is.
What do you think of orange?
It’s kind of like the forgotten fall color.
I’ve been looking for ideas for fall and it seems that everyone is all about the blue and the red and the gray and the white for fall decorations this year. We are in such a rush to find new colors to decorate for fall that we forget all about a classic.
Poor orange. Everyone just forgets about it.
It’s like orange is so fall 2005.
But truly? Just between us?
I love a little neutral with my fall. But nothing says fall to me like an orange pumpkin.
Hang in there orange.
I’m on your team.
Blue and White Fall Living Room Decorating Ideas
When I was planning out fall in the living room, I tried so many different colors.
I tried yellow.
I tried maroon.
I tried just blue and white without any additional accent color.
And then I found these faux bittersweet orange stems.
They were the perfect pop of color among a sea of blue.
I bought every single one that they had and filled a white pitcher on the table in the bay window between the blue and white striped chairs.
Just a little pop of orange here and there. The key to making them look extra cute? Find a vase with a narrow top. There are 2-3 stems in each vase and the narrow top allows them to stand upright and look like little tufts of fall.
I scattered them about the room.
One of the simplest ways to add a little orange?
There is still tons of blue and white in the living room.
It’s my favorite combination.
It looks even cuter and extra fall-like with all that orange.
Now that you’ve seen the living room what do you think about orange?
Are you team orange or team over it?
And what colors do you use to decorate for fall?
Neutrals or pops of colors.
If you want to add a little orange to your fall—here are seven simple tips to make fall a little more colorful:
1. I like orange for fall as an accent color. A few accents in a room can go a long way in adding a touch of fall to your décor. Throw a couple of orange and white checked pillows on the couch, or add a vase of orange leaves to a side table.
2. Orange pumpkins like this super affordable set are the perfect way to add a touch of orange to your décor. You can use them as centerpieces, doorstops, or mixed in with pinecones like I did with this blue bowl (that’s actually on clearance right now).
3. Bring in orange smells, too. Here’s an amazing pumpkin spice diffuser that smells like fall.
4. Add orange with texture, too. Toss an orange throw in a basket or over the back of a couch.
5 . Bring the outdoors inside. One of the best things about fall is the beautiful foliage. Bring some of that natural beauty into your home by placing fall leaves in vases, hanging wreaths on doors, or displaying dried flowers in more subtle colors of orange that are a softer way to introduce the color.
6. Look for small items like napkin rings, candle holders, and vases that can add in little bits of orange like orange eucalyptus leaves, pumpkins, and acorns.
7. Warm up your orange decorating with your lighting. As the days get shorter, it’s important to make sure your home is well-lit. Layer different types of lighting like recessed lights, lamps, and candles to create a warm and inviting space.
Just in case you thought I was only about color—the back of the house is all fall neutral.
But in this living room? When you walk in the front door?
In the middle of blue and white pillows and the blue and white rug and stacks of books and navy bookcases.
In the middle of all that?
I’m so happy this showed up.
I know, right?
Orange with a side of orange on top.
I love you, orange.
Welcome to 2022.
Orange & White Fall Decor
- orange berry wreath
- pumpkin spice diffuser
- orange hydrangea
- blue and white bowl
- blue and white pumpkins
- mini orange pumpkins
- orange and white check pillow
- blue and white vase
- orange throw
- orange pumpkins
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post.