Random thoughts on a sunny Saturday morning:
1. Do you ever get a song stuck in your head? It’s like it takes up residence and NEVER MOVES OUT.
Yesterday and today—guess what song I is playing on repeat in my brain?
Dusty Springfield, “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me.”
Please get out of my head Dusty.
2. Tonight is MORP which spelled forwards is PROM. It’s where girls ask guys to a formal dance. Everyone is meeting at our house and taking pictures and then heading out to the dance from here.
The twins started getting ready this morning.
Don’t tell them, but I almost had an anxiety attack thinking about their dates driving them tonight.
Let’s just keep those mom worries between us.
3. Did you know a fireplace mantel is spelled M-A-N-T-E-L? Not mantle? I had to learn the hard way.
What is your biggest spelling pet peeve?
4. It was a good week on the blog. We discussed decorating your house for spring with stuff that you already have and answered all the questions about painting a window and I showed you five simple and creative ideas for a spring mantel.
5. I can’t wait until next week. I have the CUTEST drop cloth carrot project to show you and my new bedroom before and after, too.
Let’s see what inspiration I’ve found from around the web.
This is such a pretty flower arrangement.
Loved her tips for using grocery store flowers.
I think I need a flower arranging room.
This room literally took my breath away.
See all the details of the room here.
I love this spring home tour so much.
Every room is perfection.
You can take the entire tour here.
If you love french country farmhouse?
This is the bathroom for you.
And in random news this week:
These built-in bookcases
This french pastry
How to make DIY textured chalk paint
This made me laugh
This simple DIY
These look yummy
This pretty coffee table
This life advice
This simple tip to make your cake look like it came from the bakery
And one more for the road.
Speaking of ceilings.