Random thoughts on a rainy Saturday morning:
1. Y’all. Y’all. Y’ALL. Thank you SO MUCH for all the helpful advice and hints and words of Thanksgiving wisdom because this year….
….I ACTUALLY COOKED A TURKEY.
Now, I totally underestimated the size of the turkey for the number of people that we had and everyone ended up with approximately 1 Tbsp of turkey.
But none of that matters because they were eating turkey that I actually cooked.
It was an amazing feeling.
Next year I think I might cook again.
I just need a 20 lb turkey instead.
2. In between all that turkey cooking, I got so much shopping done online, too.
It’s like I can’t remember a time before I clicked something and future presents showed up at my door.
3. We played the best family game this Thanksgiving. It’s called Codenames and it’s a thinking and a strategy game, too. The cheapest place I found it was at Target. You can see it here.
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. We decorated the front of the house and figured out where to put bows on a wreath and I showed y’all my new bedroom with its painted plywood floors and I shared some of my favorite Black Friday finds along with these AMAZING earrings that I got for 40% off.
5. We are going to see the Nutcracker today. The twins were raised on the Nutcracker—it’s a family tradition.
Twirly whirly skirts are the best.
Here are a few of my favorite things I found from around the internet this week.
I’m all about this mantel.
It’s the perfect amount of plaid and greenery.
Aren’t these the cutest gingerbread cookies?
You make them with a molded rolling pin.
I love this simple garland of magnolia and evergreen.
It’s a Christmas classic.
You can see more of the mantel here.
Need more magnolia ideas?
Here’s a fun post I wrote on adding magnolia to dollar store trees.
Love these personalized Christmas ornaments.
They are so easy to make.
See the DIY here.
And in random news this week:
This simple Christmas DIY
This simple mantel
These creative ornaments
This looks like the sugar plum fairy lives here
This creative garland
Simple ideas for using wreaths in your holiday decor
And these printables.
They are FREE and seriously the CUTEST.
See them here.
And one more for the road.
This is still one of my favorite Christmas house tours ever.
Happy random Saturday to you