(edited to add: here’s the recipe for this mini-raspberry trifle)
Random thoughts on a Saturday morning:
1. I’m kind of all about myself today. I’ve eaten healthy for ONE WEEK. Salads and broccoli and water. Tons and tons and tons of water.
And guess what?
I’m going all James Brown and feeling good.
2. It was a good week on the blog. We discussed what happens when life gets blurry and how to add lighting to a bookcase and super clever ceiling designs and Aqua Net and stirrup pants.
3. We went out to eat last night with my brother and his family. I am so lucky to have a brother like him. He’s funny and clever and witty and sometimes he says what I’m thinking before I even do.
And his sweet family is even funnier.
4. I am totally in love with my husband at this exact moment in time. He sweet talked me this morning with the word “mulch.”
5. I tried out falsh eyelashes last night for the first time. Not the magnetic ones that we talked about a while back. Old school. The kind you glue on. A friend of mine came over and helped me put them on. They looked okay except I kept accidentally batting my eyelashes at random people. If you were at Jason’s Deli last night and I gave you a come hither look?
It was the lashes, not me.
Let’s see what the internet has been up to this week.
Have you ever tried this?
I think I did once at a hotel.
Here’s a simple recipe for strawberry cucumber infused water.
Here’s a great post on how to make a BIG impact on decorating.
It’s all done with a SMALL budget.
See the post here.
This before and after office.
I love the curated art wall.
And this clever idea.
She made this rolling cart from a dining table.
See the entire DIY here.
And in random news this week:
Have any of you watched this new BBC series?
These pretty collections
Packing a suitcase with Marie Kondo
Five things every entryway needs
This amazing before and after
This gold chevron wall
If you are looking for a house that says summer, this amazing home designed by Miles Redd for Veranda will make you smile.
One more for the road.
Here are some of my favorite wood sign projects.
You can see all the DIY’s here.
7 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email