Random thoughts on a freezing cold winter morning:
1. It is kind of random that I’m so excited about Valentine’s Day? Maybe it’s because Christmas is over and I need a new holiday to look forward to.
To celebrate I posted the cutest sweaters at the end of the post.
2. And what do we think of Valentine’s Day trees? Are you team heart tree or team pack it up after Christmas?
3. It is so cold in Texas. We are all freezing right now and it’s 47 degrees.
If you live up north please don’t laugh.
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. We discussed:
- the new rug in the front living room
- the best white paint colors
- what my sister made me for Christmas
- 21 ideas to transition from Christmas to winter decor
5. Have you used a sugar scrub with oil this winter? It’s such a great way to keep your hands soft and hydrated.
Ready for a little inspiration?
Here are some of my favorite finds from this week.
I am making these oversized DIY branches.
They are perfect to transition to spring.
You can see the entire DIY here.
I love the idea of opening up a cabinet and leaving the doors open.
And then styling the shelves inside.
You can see all the open shelving styling tips here.
One of my favorite things about a new year?
Checking out the new home decor trends.
I know I’ve shared these before, but THEY ARE SO GOOD.
This is the best snickerdoodle recipe.
You can see it here.
And in random news:
These love quotes are so sweet
These comfort food recipes
This is so beautiful
This is one of the prettiest house tours I’ve ever seen
One more for the road
Did you know you can paint plywood?
This is plywood we painted in a checkerboard pattern.
You can see how to paint plywood with a checkerboard here.
Happy random Saturday to you
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post