Random thoughts on a sunny Saturday morning full of promise and opportunity:
1. It was my favorite kind of Valentine’s Day. My husband tucked little presents in my path all day and kissed me like we were on a movie set and I dined on sushi with a friend for lunch and got the sweetest Valentine card and the twins threw a Galentine’s party here last night with a movie double-double feature and glittery Valentine’s Day decorations everywhere.
2. We spent part of yesterday planning out the back part of the back yard. Right now it’s just an open field, but this is the year to add another fenced-in part of the yard and create a patio and add furniture and a fire-pit.
3. Have you ever tried Stitch Fix before? I’ve tried it several times before with mixed results—but to celebrate a new year I signed up again and this time I created a Pinterest board full of outfits that I liked and it worked SO MUCH BETTER. I’d love to hear your experiences if you have any other tips.
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. We created the cutest spring craft idea and talked about decorating with black and white and I took you on a tour of an amazing house with a story and the twins announced their new book.
5. And next week on the blog is going to be amazing:
- Monday: 21 Simple Ideas to Decorate Your House for Spring
- Wednesday: Simple Painting Tips for Your Next Project
- Thursday: DIY Brass Shelf Rails
- Friday: DIY Drop Cloth Carrots
- Saturday: Thistlekeeping
6. We’re about to head to my mother-in-law’s house for lunch and I’m wearing one of my new Stitch Fix outfits.
It’s a good day to have a good day.
Let’s see some of the best ideas and inspiration that I found from around the web.
This DIY bunny bowl is the cutest project for spring.
It’s a knock-off of a much more expensive piece.
See the DIY here.
This beautiful back porch.
I love every detail and that fireplace is amazing.
This amazing modern living room.
Wait until you see where it started.
See the before and after here.
Looking for simple decorating ideas?
Here are five ways to decorate with baskets.
You can see them here.
And in random news this week:
This coastal living room
How to paint brick
This creative DIY
This looks so yummy
Can you name that musical? (I got 100%)
These coffee stations
I’m not sure what to think about this
I can’t wait to stop by here at the end of the month and take the twins for their very first visit.
And one more for the road
Have you taken the decorating style quiz yet?
You can take it here.
And in AMAZING news, the beautiful, four-color, hardback DIY Style Finder is on sale on Amazon right now for ONLY $7.95.
You can get your very own copy here.
13 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email