Random thoughts on a sunny, COLD Saturday morning:
1. Oh, cold fall mornings how I love thee. You are my heart.
2. I realized we never discussed the Downton Abbey movie. What in the world was I thinking? Have you seen it? Thoughts?
Spoiler alert. I LOVED IT.
I went with my mother and mother-in-law and sat between them and giggled and clapped and sighed the entire way through.
It was worth every minute of the wait.
3. It’s been a busy week here at thistlewood. We talked about decorating the dining room for fall and had a giveaway and I shared my favorite faux greenery stems for winter and told a story and had a brilliant idea we toured the house.
That was so much fun.
4. We pulled up the carpet in the bedroom and found…wait for it…
And we are in the middle of starting to paint it. It’s going to be fun.
5. Today at 11:00 is Texas vs. OU. The Red River Showdown. Go Horns.
Let’s see what the internet has been up to this week.
This amazing tablescape.
And it’s literally the easiest to put together.
See the DIY here.
My mother used to make us homemade granola when I was growing up.
And I just found this recipe I’m going to try for Pumpkin Spice Granola.
See the recipe here.
This pretty fall table.
It’s perfect for Thanksgiving.
Or for that pumpkin spice granola I’m going to make.
You can see the rest of the table here.
And this picture.
I can’t stop from staring at it.
It’s amazing and you can see the rest of the scene here.
And in random news this week:
How to make your own pumpkin pie spice
This beautiful home tour
This farmhouse table DIY
This made me giggle
This eyeshadow tutorial
This clever bunk bed idea
This Paris pied-à-terre
Fun ways to style a tray
And the post I’ve been waiting for—the before and after of Joanna Gaines’ farmhouse.
You can see it here.
And one more for the road
I know it’s only October—but you might want to pin this gift wrapping idea for Christmas.
It’s SO EASY.
See all the different ideas for gift wrapping ideas here.