Random thoughts on a brilliantly sunny grass-smelling Saturday morning:
1. When did Winnie The Pooh become a brilliant philosopher? Seriously. Every time I get on Instagram there’s a quote from Winnie that makes me reevaluate my life and count my blessings and want to be a better person.
Like this one.
“I always get to where I’m going by walking away from where I’ve been.”
You go Winnie.
2. Currently right now there are two men in my back yard with a load of nonsense about to go to the dump. Nothing makes my heart beat faster.
3. Have you ever tried Pellegrino? I just discovered it and I LOVE IT. What are your thoughts on sparkling water?
4. This was an amazing week on the blog. We answered barn door questions and discussed 50 simple 20-minute decorating ideas and learned the best tips for spray painting and shared the cutest rug and blue and white decor from WalMart.
5. Today we are having a three-generational outing. My mother and my sister and the twins and I are all heading into Dallas for the Etsy show. My sister, Whitney, has a booth there and the rest of us?
6. Just when the day couldn’t get any brighter. Whitney came downstairs and told me she’s been reading the blog for twenty minutes. A teenager? Interested in her mom’s work? Life is so bright I need to wear shades.
We never pass up shopping.
Here are my favorite finds from this week.
I love a simple update.
I love 10 even more.
Here are 10 simple updates that you can do to your home in a weekend.
This blog has inspired me so much lately.
I love her fresh take on design.
You can see the blog and all it’s inspiration here.
Just when you think you’ve seen it all.
Someone comes along and creates an amazing tassel mirror like this.
See the DIY here.
Love these simple mantel ideas.
And there are five of them.
See the entire post here.
And in random news this week:
This made me laugh out loud
This vignette and cart
This estate in Normandy
How to be decisive
This stenciled patio
The benefits of a butler’s pantry
These simple organizing ideas
How to paint laminate furniture
This sweet home tour
I’m still struggling with the whole wallpaper thing. I’ve spent so many years trying to take down wallpaper that I’m not sure I want to put it back up.
And then I see a post like this.
Are you on team wallpaper or not?
One more for the road.
If you have a table with a finish that’s damaged, this is the perfect project for you.
See how to my $10.97 farmhouse table makeover here.
Here’s my Saturday back yard.
Going to the dump.
The entire scene makes my heart happy (especially that cute guy on the right).
17 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email