Random thoughts on a Saturday full of sunshine:
1. We worked out in the yard and my husband’s allergies are acting up. He has a runny nose and his voice is a little hoarse.
But in amazing news?
He sounds just like Kenny Rodgers.
I told him that you got to know when to hold ’em and know when to fold ’em.
2. Remember that herb garden we planted last year? I’m recreating it again this year. Fresh herbs taste SO MUCH better. I use the mint in drinks and the rosemary and the sage and the basil for cooking.
3. I just wanted to say thank you to our military families who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. We owe you so much and my family and I are beyond grateful for what you have done for us.
4. It was a fun week on the blog. We discussed:
- ways to find more space by repurposing underused areas of your home
- 20 affordable indoor/outdoor rugs for porches
- how to paint a fireplace
- these home decor hacks will save you money
5. Everyone is leaving for camp tomorrow. I’m getting up at 6:30 am to see them off just like I do every year. It made me think of this long-ago story and miss Bonzai so much.
Want some fun ideas for summer?
I GOT YOU.
Have you tasted sea salt on chocolate chip cookies?
Do you have a door laying around?
This is the post for you.
Here’s how to make a desk out of it.
These baked sweet potato fries.
Don’t they look yummy?
See the recipe here.
Did you know you can propagate a fiddle leaf fig?
I think I’m going to try this.
See the how-to here.
In random news:
This avocado slaw recipe
These are the best apps for road tripping
I just ordered these leggings for the FOURTH time
These paper pansies
A sweet friend sent me this house tour this week and I literally sighed when I saw it.
And one more for the road
I posted about these recently, but every time I drive into the driveway they make me so happy.
PS I thought it might be fun to put together a few sales for you this Memorial Day weekend:
Remember this dress (mine is sold out, but this one is SUPER similar and it’s 30% off today).
And this shirt?
And this sweater (mine is sold out, but this one is super similar) is 30% off.
It’s all on sale right now.
One of my favorite small boutiques is 30% off sale this weekend! Runnnnn. Their stuff is SO CUTE! I put together some of my favorites that are 30% off here.
- these gold sandals
- this long blue dress
- these distressed jeans
- this blue and white top
- these white jeans
And in other sale news:
- Boden (my favorite ever) has 30% site-wide off this weekend use code T9W4
- Anthropologie has an extra 40% off sale this weekend
- Ann Taylor has 40% site-wide this weekend
- Loft has 40% off site-wide this weekend
Happy random Saturday to you
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post