Random thoughts on a long weekend full of sunshine:
1. This Memorial Day I want to honor and remember those men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for all of us so that we could live in a country where freedom reigns.
My family and I can never thank you enough.
2. Have you seen the Top Gun movie yet? It looks even better than the first one (which shall ever have my heart) and Tom Cruise (somehow) manages to look even cuter.
3. A new episode of “What I Bought Wednesday” is live on my YouTube Channel this week. Sharing the BEST new foundation I discovered (for under $3) and the prettiest blue and white dress.
You can see it here.
4. Yesterday was National Sunscreen Day. Please make sure to add sunscreen to your Memorial Day weekend if you are spending any amount of time in the sunshine.
5. It was an incredible week on the blog. This week featured:
- these 25 outdoor home decor finds under $25
- the best advice I never gave
- this payphone love story
- this AMAZING vintage find I discovered
Wait until you see all the inspiration and ideas I found this week.
It’s cultivated by my friend Stacy who is a finalist for the Cottages and Bungalows feature contest and she’s SO CLOSE to winning.
It would be amazing if there’s any way you could stop by and vote and encourage her here.
This beautiful summer wreath.
I sighed when I saw it.
You can DIY it here.
Raise your hand if you love ironstone.
Looking for a fun idea for this weekend?
What about a shrimp boil?
And in random news:
- this is one of the prettiest homes I’ve ever seen
- this zucchini bread
- all about gardening with a purpose
- blackberry cobbler
- this beautiful arched kitchen ceiling
- what paint color works with orange wood
- I’m going to try and make these
- this yummy summer salad
- this tiny cottage
- how to age a vase with baking soda
- how to clean antiques
- the cutest before and after table
- how high to hang pictures
- did you know this is the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee weekend? You can see all about it here
And one more for the road
This is the wreath on the door from the post earlier this week.
And my best finds from this week
There are some GREAT sales this weekend—and you know I am a professional shopper now 🙂
Here’s what I personally shopped:
- 25% off the entire website for Boden
- 20% off at Marks and Spencer
- an additional 40% off sale at Anthropologie
- buy one get one 50% off shoes at Target
- up to 50% off at Loft
happy random Saturday to you
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post. If you make a purchase through these links, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Thistlewood.