Random thoughts on a sunny Saturday almost-summer morning:
1. Our local pool opened back up this week and I went to water aerobics.
Water aerobics looks so easy and my arms are so tired.
2. I wore shorts in public for the first time in 12 years. My legs were scared, but we made it.
3. The newest episode of “What I Bought Wednesday” is live on my YouTube Channel. You can see it here. So many fun finds including the CUTEST shirt that would be perfect for any special occasion (or just to go out to eat).
4. And I discovered this. It’s only $8 and it’s a putty primer that goes under your foundation that makes your skin LOOK AMAZING. I almost felt 25 when I put it on.
5. It was an amazing week on the blog. We discussed 7 things you should get rid of in your closet and did we think farmhouse was lame now and talked about this simple and easy DIY baseboard project and I showed you how to pick paint colors for an entire house.
That was a LOT.
But there’s even more this week.
Wait until you see what I found for us from all around the web (spoiler alert—it’s amazing).
Three reasons to plant a lilac bush.
I only needed one.
They are some of the prettiest flowers on the planet.
See all about lilacs and why you need them here.
This amazing cottage garden.
I so wish I had this garden and a cup of coffee.
You can take the entire tour here.
Furniture painting tips from one of my favorite furniture painters on the planet.
This stool is so much cuter now.
I sat at this table last week.
To say it was amazing would be an understatement. I literally have no words to describe the incredibleness of Leslie and her gift for hospitality.
And she’s inviting y’all now, too, in October.
In random news:
This budget kitchen makeover (look how she added a window seat)
This beautiful studio
The trailer for the new West Side Story
This beautiful kitchen
10 ways to make your home feel more finished
This made me laugh
This balcony idea
And one more for the road
Y’all have spoken.
I’m with you.
I think I’m ordering two more for the front porch for the twins’ graduation party.
As always, brilliant decorating minds think alike. 🙂