Random thoughts on a cold rainy Saturday morning:
1. I’m not sure the weather in Texas has figured out that it’s Easter.
It’s cold and kind of yucky here.
I hope your Easter weekend is full of sunshine.
2. I saw this on social yesterday and I laughed out loud because this one statement sums up my life right now.
“I finished Netflix.”
3. We are in the middle of working on a project on the back porch. If you’ve been following along in Instagram stories (if you don’t have Instagram–no worries–I’m going to put it all on the blog) you’ve seen us covering those old wrought iron columns with wood for a much cleaner look. We’re also tiling the back porch with slate.
Next, we are going to add a patio area to the back yard with a fire pit.
Here’s looking at you summer.
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. We talked about the birdhouse that came home and funny tips for working at home and I shopped for all of us and found the cutest home decor items for under $20 and shared the house tour page and a video tour of the house.
5. Has anyone tried any of the do-it-yourself nail kits? I really need a manicure and I’ve been looking for some options.
And now? Let’s distract ourselves.
Here are amazing ideas and inspiration that I’ve found from around the web.
I’m all about using vintage books to decorate with.
But I’ve never really thought about the best places to find them.
Here are some great suggestions.
I’ve been following along with this house project.
And I love this before and after living room.
And I don’t know about y’all but I’ve been reading all the books.
I need to share some of my favorites with you.
Love this list from one of my best friends.
This lemon cheesecake looks delicious.
And it’s such a classic.
See the recipe here.
And in random news:
This made me cry
This beautiful home tour
These coffee bar at home ideas
These cookies look yummy
This pretty sunroom
These window boxes
These last-minute super simple Easter ideas
Love this simple DIY
This cute butler’s pantry
This breakfast nook
How to clean a rug
These restyling tips
And I’ve heard great things about this new cookbook.
Have you tried any of the recipes yet?
And one more for the road.
Here’s a post about all the decorating mistakes I’ve made.
And how I fixed them.
Have the loveliest Easter Sunday
(ps the sunshine just came out)
22 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email