Random thoughts on a cold December afternoon:
1. You did not imagine it. Yes. Thistlekeeping is running late today. It can’t help it. This morning was all about the twins and their driver’s test.
Two twins taking two driver’s test for the second time. The first time didn’t go so well, but this time we went two hours early and drove the course to practice and set up cones and parallel parked a thousand times.
And after a sleepless night of worry and teenage angst and tons of prayer and multiple questions?
2. It was an amazing Christmas. I can’t wait to show you the family Christmas presents for this year. I’m posting what I made on Monday. It’s such a fun way to personalize a gift for someone.
3. I know I mentioned it already, but Little Women is amazing. Truly. It’s my favorite movie I’ve seen in a long time.
4. This was a fun week on the blog. We talked about what wise men know and got a jump on the new year with my favorite paint colors for 2020 and I shared some creative ways to get organized after Christmas.
4. I’m trying something a little different in 2020. I’m posting upcoming projects and more of the process behind the projects over on Facebook and Instagram. For example, this week we talked about boxing day and getting organized and I shared the plans I have to decorate the staircase walls in January and a fun idea I’m using to transform simple closet doors. It’s just a way to share more details than I have room for on the blog and give more dimension to the projects.
I’d love it if you followed along with me on Instagram here.
And Facebook here.
Let’s see what I found this week to inspire all of us.
Happy New Year’s.
Here are five simple tips for your New Year’s table.
Love this post on thoughts on the new year.
And giving ourselves grace.
With extra grace on top.
I love the end of the year posts with all the projects.
I’m posting mine on Tuesday.
This post was one of my favorites so far.
And in amazing craft news, you will never, never, NEVER believe what she turned these ties into.
It’s seriously the cutest.
You can see the craft project here.
And in random news this week:
I meant to make these this year and forgot
So many cute ideas for cheeseballs
I love this simple centerpiece
I wish I would have thought of this
This beauty Q & A
My mother-in-law told me this was her favorite project I’ve made.
I’ll call that a New Year’s win.
One more for the road
And in my Christmas archive, I found this post.
Back when we used to cut down Christmas trees at our neighbor’s farm.
Look how little the twinlebins were.
They are driving.
Excuse me while I go have a really good cry. 🙂