Random thoughts on a rainy, cold, almost Christmas morning:
1. These are my people.
The people that make my heart sing. The people that make me laugh and giggle and roll my eyes and shout for joy and pinch myself that I have the joy and the honor and the privilege of getting to be their mother.
All five of them.
2. I miss so many things about Kentucky.
Especially the quiet.
And the snow.
3. Santa and his elves have been busy with the homemade Christmas gifts this year.
I don’t want to give it away.
But let’s just say it rhymes with snap.
4. We are going to a party tonight with a hot chocolate bar. Yes, please.
5. The twins are going to be authors. They are almost finished with their first book full of DIY Crafts for girls.
6. If you need a good movie for this afternoon, I just watched The Inheritance based on the book by Louisa May Alcott.
It’s a little 1997.
But when they showed the bells downstairs just like Downton Abbey?
I was all in.
Let’s see what the internet has been up to this week.
Love this Christmas dining room.
Especially that velvet bench.
Loved this post about how to put a fresh spin on your Christmas decor.
Without spending a dime.
See the post here.
I’ve seen these silver tray wreaths before.
But I never knew how to DIY one until I read this post.
See the entire DIY here.
This Christmas cottage tour is one of my favorite houses ever.
It’s a jewel box.
Take the tour here.
And in random news this week:
This farmhouse Christmas tour (love the barn)
These beautiful exteriors
This house tour
This cute tree printable
These tiny houses were on the wreath at Magnolia.
You can see how to make them here.
And here’s one more for the road.
This is the easiest wrapping project ever.
So many of you have sent me your own versions.
You can use scrapbook paper or sheet music or wrapping paper instead of book pages.
See the DIY here.