Yesterday I walked into this room and from every window the sun was shining in.
Outside the skies were blue.
The flowers were blooming.
The birds were chirping.
The sunbeams were dancing across the 110-year wood floors.
I closed my eyes just for a moment and smiled. And thought to myself….
….hello summer—nice to meet you.
I’ve been waiting for you for like….ummm….ever.
|| branches ||
There’s nothing like summer.
I mean winter is awesome with all the cold and ice and potato soup and mittens and sledding and books by a toasty fire.
And spring really brought it with fresh daffodils and forsythia and green grass and flowers in the house.
Summer is the real deal.
A time to celebrate.
So here’s my living room all ready for the season with simple summer decorating ideas along with…
….my top 25 reasons summer is a rock star.
1. Sweet tea with lime (hello Captain Obvious).
2. The giant aisles of fresh fruit at the grocery store.
3. The perfect pair of black sunglasses with red lipstick.
4. That summer glow that somehow makes you look five pounds thinner (my personal fav).
6. Longer days and extra hours of sunshine.
7. Spitting watermelon seeds from the back porch.
8. Summer outfits….shorts are so much cuter than scarves.
9. The first yard sale of the season.
|| set of white vases ||
10. The next yard sale around the corner.
11. Yard sales that sell $5 furniture and fresh corn and green beans.
12. Driving down the winding country road with the sunroof open and Randy Travis on the radio.
13. The smell of a summer rainstorm.
14. Fourth of July and sparklers.
15. Fresh strawberries and whipped cream on the porch swing.
16. A happily-ever-after book and a nap on the porch.
17. Drive-in movie theaters and hot popped popcorn.
18. An attic guest bedroom filled with roses from the garden.
19. Blue and white anything.
20. Blue skies and sunshine with clouds that look like lions and tigers.
21. The smell of the ocean and toes in the sand.
22. The shade of an oak tree.
23. Local honey on fresh biscuits.
24. A milk glass picnic.
25. Oh….and did I mention sweet tea with lime?
After all….summer always begins and ends with the sweet tea. 🙂
PS How about you? What’s your favorite part of summer?
And our favorite blue and white chair was just restocked.
It’s been out of stock for a while and it’s in stock now!
You can see it here.