Somewhere along the way fruit and summer became best friends.
You never see one without the other.
Watermelon and cantaloupe and mango and guava and plums and grapes and pineapple.
And all the berry sisters.
To celebrate summer and fruit and desserts that you can eat and still look cute in a sundress, I want to share a recipe that’s a staple up on the Cape.
It’s called Mini Tri Berry Trifle.
Here’s the easy recipe along with 11 other fruit recipes that are perfect for celebrating the rest of summer.
I had to hurry and share before all those pumpkins showed up. 🙂
I’ve spent almost every summer of my life with my toes in the sand of Cape Cod.
My great-grandfather drove my great-grandmother out to the edge of the ocean in a sleigh in the middle of a snow-covered day and fell in love with each other and the land. After they married, he bought her 40 acres of beachfront views in the 1920s.
Together they grew old and raised four sons, including my grandfather, and helped generations of family to build houses and celebrate summers in a place where the ocean meets the sky.
These are my grandmother’s glasses. If you can’t tell by the etching and fluted sides–she was fancy with a little bit of sass tossed on top. She used to host happy hour at her house every evening for the grown-ups and my brothers and sisters and cousins would play tag outside on the lawn as the sun set over the ocean.
I went to a celebration this summer at my cousins when we were there and made mini trifles in the cups.
My great-grandmother would have been proud.
They were the hit of the party.
Just like her.
Here’s the easy simple recipe (if you blink you might miss it.)
Mini Tri Berry Trifle
1. Place a thin wafer sugar cookie in the bottom of the glass.
(total aside: these cookies are so good and it’s only 150 calories for two of them)
2. Cut the strawberries into slices and place around the edge of the glass. I used about five slices and placed them against the sides of the cup.
3. Add whipped cream to the center of the strawberries to keep them upright.
4. Add a large blackberry to the center of the whipped cream.
5. Place another cookie on top of the strawberries and whipped cream.
6. Add another layer of strawberries with whipped cream in the center.
7. Top it off with blueberries and crumble part of a cookie and add to the top.
I made these in the morning and refrigerated them until the party.
Letting them sit for a while made them taste even better.
It’s a pretty good-sized dessert portion and some of the guests were going to split them.
Until they took the first bite.
Here’s to summers and fruit and great-grandmothers.
All the best things in life. 🙂
Mini Tri Berry Trifle
- thin wafer sugar cookies
- whipped cream
- Place a thin wafer sugar cookie in the bottom of the glass.(total aside: these cookies are so good and it's only 150 calories for two of them)
- Cut the strawberries into slices and place around the edge of the glass. I used about five slices and placed them against the sides of the cup.
- Add whipped cream to the center of the strawberries to keep them upright.
- Add a large blackberry to the center of the whipped cream.
- Place another cookie on top of the strawberries and whipped cream.
- Add another layer of strawberries with whipped cream in the center.
- Top it off with blueberries and crumble part of a cookie and add to the top.
I’m excited to share to share a few more summer fruit recipes from some of my favorite friends.
Easy and Tasty Summer Peach Tart // Robyn’s French Nest
Wild Maine Blueberry Pie // Finding Lovely
Bluberry Crumble Kit for Overnight/Weekend Stays // Most Lovely Things
Simple Summer Fruit Crostata With Lemon Cream Cheese Filling // Twelve On Main
Summer Peach Salad // Paint Me Pink
Peach Crisp with Fresh Peaches // Happy Happy Nester
Raspberry Strawberry Shortbread Cookies // My 100 Year Old Home
Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake // Tatertots & Jello
Mini Tri Berry Trifle // Thistlewood Farms
Easy & Delicious Red Wine Sangria // Maison de Cinq
grilled stone fruit and cheese pairings // My Sweet Savannah
Easy Skillet Peach Crumble // Inspiration For Moms
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post