If you are from the south you were probably raised on sweet tea.
That perfect glass of iced cold goodness that quenches the thirst and fills the heart and makes the sun shine brighter.
In my search for the perfect glass of sweet tea with the perfect ratio of sugar to tea and ice, I came up with the answer to that age-old question.
Here’s how to make sweet tea taste better.
(and it’s totally not what you think). 🙂
1. Move to the country from the city.
2. Spend hours driving down winding country roads.
4. Wish you could by a horse barn.
5. Realize you don’t the first thing about raising horses.
6. Buy a farmhouse instead.
7. Start renovating the farmhouse.
8. Learn about vintage wood floors and plank siding and barn doors.
9. Start shopping by the side of the road.
10. Finish renovating the farmhouse.
11. Realize you are never really finished.
12. Decide you need a porch….
13. Build a screened-in porch on the side of the house with french doors leading off the house in the living room and the kitchen.
14. Add a dining area with a table and chairs and indoor/outdoor rugs and an old pair of deacon’s chairs you bought at a vintage sale.
15. Add a couch and chairs and a giant basket you found at a salvage yard.
16. Make a pitcher of sweet tea the way your mother-in-law makes it.
17. Realize you are so blessed to know the best sweet tea maker in the world.
18. Add mason jar glasses.
19. Pour a glass of sweet tea and tuck your feet under you on that back porch of that farmhouse at the end of the winding road in the middle of no where with the sun streaming in and the almost-summer breezes blowing through the trees.
22. Repeat. 🙂