I love coffee.
I can’t help it.
It wakes me up. It makes me smile. It’s been through the rough times and the good times with me and never let me down.
When you pour that first cup of coffee and the steam rises and the smell drifts slowly across the room and you take a breath and reach for that first sip….
…all is right with the world.
I love coffee so much, I thought it might be fun to try and visually capture what the coffee tastes like, so I shopped for supplies and found the cutest plates and mugs and yummy food….
….and snapped these pictures to the falling leaves outside.
I love these pictures almost as much as I love fall.
I’m sharing my 12 favorite things about the season. So here’s my homage to fall and cozy and warm and a really good cup of coffee.
1. I love the moment in fall when the trees start to turn the most brilliant of colors and a few leaves drift down and cover the green grass.
2. I love the first crisp fall morning when you aren’t expecting it and you open the door and shiver and step back inside for a scarf.
3. I love the smell of freshly cut hay in the back field and the giant over-sized round bales against the blue sky.
4. I love driving by a farmer’s market full of brightly colored orange pumpkins scattered across the field and spilling out of the barrels by the road.
5. I love the roar the crowd at a football game, snuggled under a plaid blanket and hanging on every second of the final minutes of a close game.
6. I love plaid anything. Especially lunch boxes.
7. I love the crackle of a warm fire on a cold afternoon with a Hallmark movie where the guy saves a girl’s tree farm.
8. I love the first bite of toasted bread covered with jelly and butter.
9. I love when the days get shorter and it’s dark earlier and everyone comes home and there may or may not be time for a game of Monopoly.
10. I love the first time I put on a pair of fall boots and add a turtleneck sweater.
11. I love the colors of fall, the browns and reds and oranges and golden yellows and the beautiful, vivid display nature paints across the skyline.
12. I love the first warm, smooth sip of coffee and the first bite of warm muffins straight from the oven.
Most of all? I love fall itself. For all that it is and all that it will be. This is the season for family and friends and celebration and get-togethers and thankfulness.
And I am.
Thankful that is.
Every. Single. Day. 🙂
44 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email