Can I press pause on life for just a moment?
The minutes and seconds and hours and days are speeding by me faster than I can even count.
Just between us?
I’m so busy with life that I forget to be present. I forget to be mindful. I forget to appreciate the incredible joy that is all around me.
In the here.
In the now.
In every minute of every day.
Like the crisp clear morning I woke up to. Like the hot, yummy fresh cup of coffee I’m enjoying right now laughing and smiling and planning the day with the cutest pair of twinkling eyes. Like the egg-white omelet with grilled chicken and spinach and salsa that I just ordered. Like all the possibilities and all the amazing minutes that are just around the corner waiting to be experienced.
And so today?
To celebrate this minute of this hour of this day, I’m going to take you on a fall tour of my house (with TONS of pictures) and count all my thankfuls one by one.
Are you ready?
Let me get more coffee.
Now LET’S GO.
All my thankfuls:
1. I’m thankful I am the keeper of the house I grew up in.
2. I’m thankful for a house with a hitching post.
3. I’m thankful I kissed that twinkly-eyed date on the curb right outside the window where I’m typing this post.
4. I’m thankful he survived my pancakes.
5. I’m thankful I have the most understanding mother on the planet.
6. I’m thankful for Buddy and all the presents that he gives us (and leaves behind).
7. I’m thankful for stinky socks.
8. I’m thankful for the feet that wear them.
9. I’m thankful those feet have started doing their own laundry.
10. I’m thankful for peanut butter and jelly.
11. I’m thankful for macaroni and cheese.
12. I’m thankful I have a kitchen that’s met both of them.
13. I’m thankful for cool crisp afternoons and falling leaves.
14. I’m thankful for golden retrievers who love to roll around in the middle of them.
15. I’m thankful I’ve lost 105 pounds and discovered cute clothes.
16. I’m thankful for the color orange and that it showed up in my living room this year.
17. I’m thankful for songs that get stuck in my head and a husband that loves when I hum them.
18. I’m thankful for wooden stands and blue and white stripes and toile pumpkins.
19. I’m thankful for sweater weather and boots that zip and purple nail polish.
20. And I’m thankful for you. This blog? This platform? This business that brings me more joy than I ever imagined?
It’s all because of you.
Thank you for showing up.
Thank you for encouraging me.
And when I count my thankfuls?
You are at the top of my list. 🙂
PS What are you thankful for today?
39 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email