Random thoughts on a brilliantly sunny summer Saturday with extra alliteration:
1. Did you have a fun Fourth? We started the day with a small-town parade with a Statue of Liberty float and firetrucks and ended with fireworks and grilled chicken.
It was perfect.
2. I tried nail dip for the first time ever. I’ve done shellac before, but never nail dip. It’s kind of next level.
Have you ever tried it?
3. Whitney is leaving for Africa next week on a 10-day mission trip. I’m sending her off with extra prayers and a little piece of my heart.
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. We discussed:
- 51 summer decorating ideas
- 10 things to clean if you only have 5 minutes
- 5 clever lighting hacks
- 17 self-care tips you can start today
5. Tomorrow I’m going to brunch with some of my favorite people. I’m ordering an egg white omelet with a side of giggles and really good conversation.
6. We just discovered the best new board game called Carcassonne. It’s kind of like Catan but easier with way less commitment. You can see it here.
It’s time to share.
Here are some of my favorite finds from around the web.
(spoiler alert: they are amazing). 🙂
This beautiful summer home tour.
There are so many decor ideas and inspirational tips.
This lemon sorbet looks amazing.
Especially the little lemon cups.
See the recipe here.
Here’s the thing about decorating.
It’s a process and sometimes you make mistakes.
Those mistakes are a gift.
I love everything about this.
You can see how to make these here.
And in random news:
These fun thrifted finds
How to take care of your friends based on their enneagram number
And one more for the road
One of my favorite affordable projects is to paint plywood floors. I’ve done it in all my houses and it never disappoints.
It’s SUCH an affordable and easy DIY.
You can see how to paint plywood subfloors here.
Did you know I had a weekly newsletter that features a curated collection from all my favorite small business shops? It comes out every Saturday morning.
happy random Saturday to you
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post