Random thoughts on a Saturday full of sunshine:
1. You are amazing friend. Just in case no one else mentioned it today? Let me be the first.
2. I’m spending the weekend attending virtual Haven, the home decor and DIY conference. I’m in charge of the mentors and I wasn’t supposed to have a mentor group. But at the last minute? I just couldn’t help it. I found a few friends to mentor.
3. We live in the historic district of McKinney. It’s truly a wonderful place to be. We have historic homes and brick paths and a square full of vintage shops and policemen that patrol on horses.
And this week?
I even had a milkman come to my house to deliver milk in an old-fashioned van.
I think I was born in the wrong era.
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. We talked about how to organize the space under the stairs and how to find more storage in the living room and how I went shopping with Zack to send him off to college.
5. I know you are probably all about summer right now.
I get it.
But me? I live in Texas. The land of the 110 degree heat.
So me and my minutes?
We can’t wait for fall.
Here’s all the amazing stuff I found from around the web this week.
Did you know that hydrangeas came in trees?
Here’s a limelight hydrangea tree.
Loving this laundry room.
That floor. Seriously.
Here’s a round up of amazing diamond projects, too.
Here are some simple gardening tips.
We all need a few more plants in our life.
See the tips here.
These beautiful summer entertaining tips.
Her photographs are amazing.
In random news this week:
The recipe for this yummy dip
This sweet house tour
This house on Nantucket
These DIY french country bookends
This beautiful antique linen press
This free DIY library
And this. If you read nothing else today.
And one more for the road
Are you looking for an easy DIY for this weekend?
This drop cloth wreath is SUCH a simple project.
See the DIY here.
PS For more projects and fun? Join me and dozens of my friends over in my FREE DIY and Decorating group on Facebook.
You can request an invite here.
19 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email