Random thoughts on a HOT summer Saturday:
1. If you live in Texas you already know what I’m going to type. IT’S HOT. HOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT. And in super sad news our upstairs air conditioner is broken. So we spent last night dragging all the mattress downstairs to sleep.
I was really trying to count my downstairs air conditioning blessings last night.
2. It was a fun week on the blog. We talked about why mirrors are our best friend and built this amazing pallet wood cornice board and decided everyone needed a wall in their house painted this color.
3. We went to Waco yesterday to move my son into Baylor and I stopped off at this friend’s new Air Bnb for a visit. It was amazing. There were wood ceilings and shiplap walls and beautiful light fixtures and an amazing kitchen.
I cannot WAIT to go back and photograph it for you.
4. Has anyone seen the new movie Blinded By the Light? I love Bruce Springsteen and it looks good—but I have been super movie-disappointed lately on my last couple of theater visits. If you have a review, I would love to see what you thought.
5. I cannot spell refrigerator. I keep putting in an extra vowel.
6. YIKES. Buddy, our golden, is sitting at my feet and he just let out the STINKIEST SMELL EVER.
I have to stop typing for a minute.
It’s a little less stinky now.
Let’s see what the internet has been up to this week.
Love the honesty of this post.
It’s all about a decorating mistake and why no one should repeat it.
Here’s the post with a dose of great advice.
Love this before and after.
It’s so cute now.
This cake looked so yummy.
And it reminded me of fall.
Get the recipe here.
Love the simplicity of this easy fall wreath.
And that monogram.
And in random news this week:
This love story
This brilliant DIY
How to update dated ceramic tile
These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
This country house
This cute way to deodorize your refrigerator
This beautiful entryway
I can’t decide about this floor
These are such beautiful words about priorities and wholeness.
I want to imprint them on my heart.
And one more for the road:
I recently stumbled across this DIY from when the blog was in first grade.
It’s how to make a mirror using compacts from the dollar store.
See the entire DIY here.
25 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email