Random thoughts on a cold Saturday morning:
1. We are heading to the rodeo in Ft. Worth this morning. I’m so excited. I don’t think I’ve ever been to a rodeo before.
2. Did you watch the first episode of Victoria on Masterpiece? Seriously. Her husband’s hair is almost as amazing as Poldark’s. Almost.
3. Has anyone ever painted peel and stick tile before? We have some in a back hallway upstairs and I’m thinking about it.
4. In super exciting news, Kirkland’s will be carrying my newest book, the new DIY (Decorate It Yourself) planner. And I’m going on a Kirkland’s book tour. Yep. Me. Coming to a Kirkland’s near you. I can’t WAIT to shop together. 🙂
4. I seriously cannot thank you all enough for the last-minute ideas for drop-by guests you left in the comments last week. It’s like a treasure trove. I just used one on Thursday. If you need any ideas for entertaining, any at all, take a moment to read the comments on this post.
And in awesome, awe-inspiring miracle news.
Remember when I wrote this post about Buddy? We left the vets that day in tears. We were getting our hearts ready to say goodbye. And then? You gave me hope. So many of you e-mailed me with ideas on changing his diet and we did. We removed all the gluten and sugar and added in a few other things.
And then? It was like a miracle. All of his symptoms almost disappeared.
I literally can’t even.
He’s like a teenager now.
We’re going to take him back to the vets for a follow-up visit and we’re not sure of the future or the new prognosis or what tomorrow holds.
But today? Today looks AMAZING.
All thanks to you. 🙂
Now here are a few of my favorite things from around the web.
One of my goals this year is to up my photography game.
I love this blogger’s photography style.
Are you looking for a new indoor plant this year?
I’m thinking about the fiddle leaf fig.
This post is such a good primer on it.
Love this post on trends for 2018.
I don’t know about you, but doesn’t that watermelon look cute?
See all the trends here.
And this tour decorated for spring.
It’s helping me cope with winter.
See the entire tour here.
And in random news this week:
How to have a happy winter home
This cute DIY
This pillow makes me happy
Make one simple change
And this house (please look at that light fixture over the dining room table)
And one more for the road.
This easy DIY pinecone snowflake.
See all the how to’s here.
Happy random Saturday to you. 🙂