Today it’s the Summer Home Tour 2014 hosted by The Shabby Creek Cottage.
If you are stopping by from At the Picket Fence….nice to meet you!
Let’s get this party started. 🙂
The other night I parked the car and walked up this sidewalk.
The stars were twinkling in the clear night sky to an entire chorus of crickets chirping in time….
….and with every step the smell of honeysuckle surrounded me.
And I closed my eyes just for a moment and smiled.
And thought to myself…..hello summer…..
…..nice to meet you.
I’ve been waiting for you for like….ummm….ever.
There’s nothing like summer in the country.
I mean winter is awesome with all the cold and ice and potato soup and mittens and sledding and books by a toasty fire.
And spring really brought it with fresh daffodils and forsythia and green grass and flowers in the house.
Summer is the real deal.
A time to celebrate.
And so….in no particular order….
….here’s my top 25 reasons summer is a rock star.
1. Sweet tea with lime.
2. The giant aisles of fresh fruit at the grocery store.
3. The perfect pair of black sunglasses with red lipstick.
4. That summer glow that somehow makes you look five pounds thinner.
6. Longer days and extra hours of sunshine.
7. Spitting watermelon seeds from the back porch.
8. Summer outfits….shorts are so much cuter than scarves.
9. The first yard sale of the season.
10. The next yard sale around the corner.
11. Yard sales that sell $5 furniture and fresh corn and green beans.
12. Driving down the winding country road with the sun roof open and Randy Travis on the radio.
13. The smell of a summer rain storm.
14. Fourth of July and sparklers.
15. Fresh strawberries and whipped cream on the porch swing.
16. A happily-ever-after book and a nap on the porch.
17. Drive-in movie theaters and hot popped popcorn.
18. An attic guest bedroom filled with roses from the garden.
19. Blue and white anything.
20. Blue skies and sunshine with clouds that look like lions and tigers.
21. The smell of just-cut hay in the back pasture.
23. Local honey on fresh biscuits.
24. A milk glass picnic.
25. Oh….and did I mention sweet tea with lime?
After all….summer always begins and ends with the sweet tea. 🙂
PS How about you? What’s your favorite part of summer?
And now….on to the next summer tour house over at The Inspired Room.
Happy beginning of summer to you!
Here’s the entire tour with all the links:
Monday, June 2nd
Tuesday, June 3rd
Wednesday, June 4th
Thursday, June 5th
Friday, June 6th