disclosure: this post is sponsored by Balsam Hill.
I’m hosting a party today and 46 women and food and pumpkins and Buddy and fall are showing up.
I can’t wait. I’m so excited.
In honor of the occasion, I decorated the back door for fall yesterday in the 98-degree heat and pretended like it was a balmy 65 degrees outside.
Then I shivered and imagined that I needed a scarf and some hot chocolate and there were falling leaves on the ground all around me.
In honor of fall, I thought I’d share all the fall decorating on the back porch and some of my favorite things about the upcoming season.
Starting with wishful thinking.
1. I love the moment in fall when the trees start to turn the most brilliant of colors.
A few leaves drift down and cover the green grass.
(total aside: when the leaves are covering the yard and I’m raking them? The beauty of the leaves gets lost in the translation.)
2. I love the first crisp fall morning when you aren’t expecting it and you open the door and shiver and step back inside for a scarf.
3. I love making pumpkin seeds and sprinkling them with cinnamon and sugar.
4. I love driving by a farmer’s market full of brightly colored orange pumpkins scattered across the field and spilling out of the barrels by the road.
5. I love the roar the crowd at a football game, snuggled under a plaid blanket and hanging on every second of the final minutes of a close game.
6. I love plaid anything. Especially lunch boxes.
7. I love the crackle of a warm fire on a cold afternoon with a Hallmark movie where the guy saves a girl’s tree farm.
8. I love the first bite of toasted bread covered with jelly and butter.
9. I love when the days get shorter and it’s dark earlier and everyone comes home and there may or may not be time for a game of Monopoly.
10. I love the first time I put on a pair of fall boots and add a turtleneck sweater and walk Buddy through the leaves.
11. I love the colors of fall, the browns and reds and oranges and golden yellows and the beautiful, vivid display nature paints across the skyline.
12. I love the first warm, smooth sip of coffee and the first bite of warm muffins straight from the oven.
Most of all? I love fall itself. For all that it is and all that it will be.
This is the season for family and friends and celebration and get-togethers and thankfulness.
And I am.
Thankful that is.
Every. Single. Day.
Source List for Post:
Balsam Hill Country Fields Fall Arrangements (the ones on either side of the door)