Random thoughts on a brilliantly sunny Saturday morning:
1. I love this quote: “If friends were flowers I’d pick you.”
Yes, I would. Every day and twice on Saturday.
2. It was an amazing week on the blog. I shared some of the CUTEST spring finds on the planet for under $25 and we discussed simple organizing tips to make our lives easier and celebrated a before and after bathroom remodel and I shared my new mirrored staircase with everyone.
3. I’m headed to a drill team revue this afternoon. Whitney spent all morning trying to watch make-up tutorials on how to apply stage make-up to get ready for the event. I’ve never seen so much contouring in my entire life.
4. I’m so excited to be working on a fun project next week where I’m sharing with you all video tours of some of the historic homes in my neighborhood.
5. I tried falsh eyelashes again this week. It was going okay until one of them fell off in the middle of a conversation with someone.
6. Here’s what’s up for next week here at Thistlewood:
- Monday: DIY spring wreath with eucalyptus
- Wednesday: video home tours of historic homes
- Thursday: simple tip to organize your cabinets
- Friday: bedroom refresh and tips for painting a window
Here are some of my favorite things I found this week to inspire us.
Love this kitchen.
But love this idea to DIY your own chalkboard paint.
You can see the tutorial here.
If you are like me and need help in the laundry room organization department?
This is the post for you.
This spring home tour is so pretty.
Love the navy paint with pops of pink.
You can see the tour here.
You know that I love a love story.
Especially one that involves a gift from the heart.
Here’s one of the sweetest (along with some beautiful photographs, too).
And in random news this week:
This farmhouse tour
This cinnamon nut bread
No is a complete sentence
These classic blue kitchens
Shelf styling with lots of books
So happy this AirBnb is open for business
Today I wanted to share with you one of my favorite designers on this planet.
You can read all about her and see her designs here.
And one more for the road
If you are planning your outdoor projects for spring, have you thought about painting your brick?
If so, I have the best tutorial for you here.