Random thoughts on a sunny spring Saturday:
1. I am sitting here typing and listening to Buddy snoring. It’s amazingly calmly and oddly snorty all at the same time.
2. I’m in the process of sanding down all the furniture pieces that I painted once upon a time. Sigh. I found them and they were wood. I didn’t like wood, so I painted them white. And now? Now I’m taking them back to wood again.
3. I cleaned out a closet and three drawers this week and donated two bags of nonsense to goodwill. What is it about closet clearing out that makes me so happy. It’s almost as good as chocolate cookies.
4. This was a great week on the blog. We took a spring tour and learned about the easiest and cheapest ways to line curtains and discussed decor hacks and why they make the world go round.
4. I went to Nashville this week to speak at an event. It was all about decorating your home on a budget. The more I decorate the more I’ve decided that it needs to be on a budget. Truthfully? I’ve spent some money on decorating in the past and not spent some money on decorating in the past.
And guess what?
It all kind of looks the same.
Budget for the win.
Let’s see what the internet has been up to this week.
Looking for a little spring for your door?
Here’s a beautiful sage and blush wreath.
See the DIY here.
This simple canvas bag project is perfect for spring.
The download to make it is FREE.
See the project here.
And this adorable spring arrangement.
It’s made with Easter eggs.
See the DIY here.
And this adorable bookcase.
I love everything about the styling in this photo.
And in random news:
How to dress up your closet doors
There’s such beauty in simplicity
This house tour
And if you are planning a trip this summer to a national park? This article is fabulous.
It’s about the least-visited parks where you can avoid all the crowds.
One more for the road.
Looking for a unique Easter centerpiece idea?
Why not make a cabbage vase?