Random thoughts on a Saturday morning:
1. Can you believe I got my act together enough to publish Thistlekeeping? Please tell me you smiled when you saw it in your inbox.
2. We are heading out today for Baylor homecoming. I’m a little stressed because there’s a color for every section of the stadium and I have no idea what color we are supposed to wear. If you see the game on television and notice one gray shirt in a sea of red, just pretend like you don’t notice.
3. I was trying to be thankful for dust yesterday. I stood in the middle of that kitchen and all its almost-beauty and looked at the layers of dust spilling out and covering the floors of the house and tried to remind myself that dust today means cute kitchen tomorrow.
4. In random decorating news I had an idea that potentially may be brilliant if I can make it work. Have you seen the square acrylic curtain rods with the brass rectangular curtain rings? If you haven’t here’s a circle version I found at Ballard Designs. I think I’ve figured out how to DIY them for my new living room. I’ll keep you posted.
5. Yesterday I had lunch with an amazing blogger and friend. We sat outside at a restaurant called Patina Green on the square in McKinney just a few blocks from my new (old) home. It was an afternoon to remember. The violin played outside the restaurant and the breeze blew and we laughed and ate jalapeno bread and told stories and in that moment….
….I finally felt like I was home. 🙂
And now—here are my favorite links from around the web this week.
This blogger has some of the best photography tips on the planet.
I love this idea she had of finding unusual backdrops for photos.
Post and tips found here.
If I were a table setting, this is what I would want to look like.
Love the charger.
Love the plates.
Love the amber glassware.
All the details found here.
And just when I was almost falled out, I found this.
This amazing porch with its corn husks.
Tour the rest of the porch here.
And in the super exciting news department, my friend Melinda from House 214 Designs has created a FREE e-course on decorating.
I was so excited because her home is one of my favorites in blog land.
Her style is amazing and she’s offering insider tips for FREE.
You can click here to sign up for the course.
And in random news this week:
This bookcase styling
This messy house tour (love, love, LOVE it)
This beautiful sunroom
These fun artists
This inspired me
And just because I’m going to Waco today, I may have to stop and get some of this comfort and joy. 🙂
One more for the road.
Here’s my tree from last year and tons of ideas for handmade ornaments.
Click here to see more.
Happy random Saturday to you. 🙂
26 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email