A few random thoughts on a sunny Monday morning:
1. This Memorial Day I want to honor all servicemen and women who have lost their lives in service to this great nation of ours. Your sacrifice is awe-inspiring.
2. My cute husband and his father are putting up a fence in the backyard. They started at dark thirty because it is so hot this week. I am supporting the entire project with water detail.
3. This weekend was senior prom. Zack went with one of the sweetest, nicest, cutest girls on the planet that he used to slurp popsicles with on the back porch when he was four.
4. We went out last night with friends. There was birthday cake and hamburgers and sun and laughter and joy. Not to go all Pinterest quote on you, but I’ve decided friends are what makes the world go round.
5. This week on the blog we found this at a yard sale and figured out how to keep our trash safe and told a story about a time when phones had cords.
6. I read every single comment on this post. Seriously. How could I not? You all are so inspiring.
I ordered the fabric.
Spoiler alert. I may have ordered two. 🙂
I missed the spring cleaning and just went straight to summer cleaning.
I was trying to figure out the best way to clean our windows and I found this.
Did you know window cleaning should be done on a cloudy day?
More tips here.
Planning on thrift store shopping this weekend?
Or yard saling?
Here are 10 things you should be on the lookout for.
I’ve been wanting to make my own topiaries because they are so expensive.
And then I found this tutorial.
And in random news this week:
These free printable placemats
How to build a raised garden bed
This house tour and built-in cabinet
These peonies and how to make them last longer
This is such a clever DIY
This home tour just made me happy. And want to paint my own art.
And one more for the road.
I’m recreating this in my new house.
See the DIY here.
And a little life lesson I learned from this project.
Happy Monday to you.
12 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email