Random thoughts on America’s birthday weekend:
1. I had an entire discussion with some friends this week that asked this question: If you looked at a glass that had water in it—would you think it was half full? Or half empty?
I’m an optimist.
My glass is half-full.
So in my heart there’s always something amazing just around the corner.
2. We are heading to our town’s downtown parade. It’s full of firetrucks and marching bands. I think I’m wearing a light-up headband.
3. Charles Dickens is one of the most brilliant authors who have ever lived. He knows his way around a random supporting character like no one’s business. I just finished watching Little Dorrit on Prime this past week and it is amazing.
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. We discussed:
- my top 10 yard sale finds of all time
- 7 unique and creative flower containers
- creative accent wall ideas
- 6 of go-to Walmart jeans
5. Happy July Fourth weekend. Happy birthday America.
Do you have any plans for the weekend?
I’m so happy we’re friends.
Let’s see what the internet has been up to this week.
This porch made me so happy.
Those banners are amazing.
I almost gasped when I saw this cake because it’s so beautiful.
It just looks like summer to me.
See the recipe here.
This is such a clever trash-to-treasure idea.
It’s an art easel made from a picket fence.
See the DIY here.
Isn’t this wreath so pretty? And it’s made from herbs.
I am here for it.
Here’s the DIY on how to make it.
And in random news:
- this beautiful home in the countryside
- how to style thrifted decor
- this home is so summery
- these summer comfort food recipes
- we are making this DIY for the kitchen
- 99 summer date night ideas
- 9 amazing uses for a pumice stone
- this house before and after
- these copper countertops
- are white kitchens out of style?
- did you see Martha’s new show
- how to hang art on a picture rail
- this peaceful seaside home
And one more for the road:
Looking for a last-minute Fourth of July dessert?
And here are all my fun finds from the week:
If you missed “Thistle’s Things” it’s my weekly newsletter where I share all of my favorite home finds from small businesses.
happy random Saturday to you
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post.