Random thoughts on a sunny Saturday morning:
1. Here’s my go-to summer salad. It’s the Chick-Fil-A side salad with grilled Chick-Fil-A nuggets and 2 packets of zesty buffalo sauce.
My tummy is full of salad every night.
2. I’m starting something new this week to support small businesses. It’s called Thistle’s Things. It’s a once-a-week email full of curated home decor finds that are unique and special and affordable from all of my favorite small businesses.
If you like to shop? You can sign up to get it here.
3. I just finished the BEST book. It’s called Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt. It’s a little out of my genre because it has an octopus as one of the main characters. But I finished it in two days.
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. Check out these posts if you want to:
- give me an opinion on this bedding
- the CUTEST summer fashion from Walmart
- how to clean outdoor cushions
- the best lighting hacks
5. And speaking of summer? How hot is it where you are? Texas is HOOOOOTTTTT. This week is supposed to be even hotter and it’s ONLY JUNE.
These are the days when I wish we had a pool.
I’m actually contemplating getting a blow-up pool just to sit it. 🙂
To take our mind off the heat?
Here are some amazing ideas and inspiration I discovered for us this week.
Look at these peony arrangements.
I actually love this entire blog. It’s so inspirational and full of ideas and joy.
See the blog here.
Look at this open shelving.
My mind is racing. I have so many places to add this and it’s so easy.
See the DIY here.
This beautiful summer table.
And the setting under the stars is everything that is right and good about the season.
Looking for a simple idea for the Fourth?
Look at this fun pantry.
And in random news:
- this blue and white bedroom
- home decor trends to skip
- how to stencil grain sack chair cushions
- this beautiful greenhouse makeover
- Meryl Streep’s love story
- 99 date night ideas
- this before and after buffet
- the most creative Fourth of July dessert
- this kitchen in this home is so inspiring
- love this tour of a family home (I can relate)
- the royals favorite dining spots
- successful thrift store shopping tips
- this garden tour
- these homemade oreos
- this blue office is so pretty
One more for the road
This beaded summer DIY planter pot is so easy to make.
happy random Saturday to you
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post