Random thoughts on an ice-covered tree snowy Saturday morning:
1. Just in case I hadn’t mentioned it 29 times? It’s icy in Texas. They shut down the highways yesterday.
And my toes are freezing.
2. Remember my book list from last week? I finished The Social Graces. It was EXACTLY like The Gilded Age series on HBO Max we all watched last year.
It was a fascinating period in history.
All that money and relatively little happiness.
3. I have the best make-up tip that I shared last week, but I didn’t really explain it very well. If you want your foundation to look airbrushed, here’s how to get that look:
- start with a big powder brush
- add drops of foundation to your hand
- dip the big powder brush in the foundation
- brush it all over your face
- this technique allows the foundation to glide over the skin and it looks amazing
- you can thank me later 🙂
4. It was an incredible week on the blog. We talked about:
- 8 books I couldn’t put down
- the best kitchen organizing hacks
- my favorite vintage find and 12 ways I decorated it
- the one piece of furniture every living room needs
5. Did you know if you don’t like the grommets on your curtains, you can hide them? That tip along with 5 no-sew curtain hacks here.
Here are all my favorite things from around the web this week.
Spoiler alert: it was an AMAZING one.:)
You know how much I love a dutch door—we’ve had one at the back door for years.
Did you know you can make your own?
Here are the DIY instructions.
I loved this post.
It’s all about what to put in candles besides (wait for it) candles.
There are so many fun ideas to reimagine candlesticks.
Look at these ingredients.
You can see the entire recipe here.
One question I get asked all the time?
How high to hang your curtains?
This post answers it better than I ever could.
And in random news:
Tips for painting a textured ceiling
16 things to purge this weekend
Easy cream cheese fruit dip four ways
This house tour (the closet is so amazing)
These branches look so real
These heart-shaped pretzels
This jalapeno corn dip (perfect for the Superbowl)
Which side of this debate are you on?
I thought this was the sweetest Valentine’s printable and it’s FREE
And one more for the road
Sharing my house spring tour FILLED with yard sale and thrift store finds and showing you how I decorated with them.
You can see it here.
These are my holy grail of leggings. They have pockets and buttery soft material and they aren’t too long and they have compression to hold my tummy in, but not too much to be uncomfortable.
Oh. And they are $25.
And over 2,400 of you checked them out last week. 🙂
Just in case you missed them, you can see them here.
Happy Random Saturday To You
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post
10 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email