Random thoughts on a Saturday morning sprinkled with sunshine:
1. It’s official.
A new college year has begun. The twins are at Baylor now in their new apartments (which are still waiting on things to be finished). We are working on furnishing the main spaces and I was so proud of Westleigh when she called me yesterday to tell me she found a super discounted farmhouse television cabinet for $30.
I’m raising a new generation of bargain hunters.
2. I’m shifting over some of the summer to fall clothes and organizing closets today. I’m not sure why organizing makes me so happy, but it does. Have you ever used velvet hangers before? I found an entire package of 30 velvet hangers for $9.99 at Walmart.
3. If you want a fun idea to cover your porch swing chains like I did in the first photo? You can see that DIY here.
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. I shared:
- the twin’s apartment design plans
- the best trash to treasure story
- the blue and white living room decorated for fall (read the comments—they are the best)
It’s been a great week and it’s going to be an even more amazing weekend.
Here are all my fun finds from around the internet this week.
This kitchen makeover.
On a budget.
In five days.
Wait until you see the after here.
This beautiful outdoor table setting (look at that DIY candle centerpiece).
If you want to slowly ease into fall decor?
I have the post for you.
Here’s a post on how to make oatmeal soap.
Who knew making soap was so easy?
See the DIY here.
And in random news this week:
How to bleach wood
This creative vase DIY
This edible garden tour
This apple dump cake
This lake house tour
And this. If you are headed to Waco, did you know about this?
We have been there before and it’s so cute.
And one more for the road
If you are looking for a wreath that can take you from now until Christmas?
This drop cloth wreath is the one.
happy random Saturday to you
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post