Random thoughts on a first-day-of-school week Saturday:
1. Have you noticed that if you say something out loud it appears in ads?
The other day I was talking about going to a store and IT SHOWED UP IN MY ADS ONLINE.
2. I published What I Bought Wednesday on Facebook this week. You can see it here (with the BEST lightbulbs ever).
You can see it here.
3. The twins are going back to college this week. They are packing their bags and their computers and a few loads of thrift store furniture and they are heading to Waco.
I am going to miss them so much.
4. Just in case you ever thought about moving to Texas? It was 108 degrees in places in Texas.
Fall. I’m looking at you.
5. It was an amazing week on the blog. I shared with you:
- these seven pillow combinations (and where you can get them)
- this mini tri-berry trifle
- these ideas for decorating with mirrors
- and we talked about what to do when life gets blurry
6. I ordered the perfect mesh tennis shoes for fall. They come in so many different colors and they are SO comfortable and they are so inexpensive. I already had one pair, but I’m ordering another pair in the apricot. Just a quick tip—if you order them be sure and size down if you are in between sizes. They run a little big.
Let’s see all the amazingness that I found for us this week.
What do you think of gray walls?
Are you in or are you out?
If you like gray or you purchase a house with walls that are painted gray here’s how to make them work.
Look at these DIY planter boxes.
Aren’t they the cutest?
How to make a topiary with live boxwood cuttings.
Isn’t this the cutest idea for summer-almost fall?
I think ginger jars are the new dough bowls.
Here are some of the cutest ginger jars.
And how to decorate with them.
And in random news:
- this beautiful lake house tour
- this pancake recipe
- these chocolate zucchini muffins
- this tour of a house by the sea
- how to make smores in the oven
- this navy living room is so pretty
- a collection of recipes for game night
- 9 uses for coffee grounds
- these simple and easy DIY pumpkins
- this leaf banner made from a flannel shirt
- these creative containers for plants and flowers
- how to organize your kitchen cabinets
- this beautiful country garden
And one more for the road
Did you know spray paint can change your life?
Here are nine things to spray paint you may not have thought of.
And if you have a child heading off to college?
Here are my tried and true dorm essentials.
You can see them all here and you will wonder how you lived without them:
- this cozy blanket
- this power strip extension cord
- this door jam stopper
- this double-sided tape
- this hanging closet organizer
- this car clothes hanger bar
- this bedside shelf caddy
- this suction cup organizer
- these large storage bags
- this mattress topper (40% off right now)
- this over-the-door hook
- this hanging closet organizer
Happy random Saturday to you
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post. If you purchase something through my links I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
27 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email