Random thoughts on a sunny Saturday:
1. Just between us? Sometimes I write this post ahead of time and I actually don’t know if Saturday is going to be sunny. But I always write sunny in the title.
I’m an optimist.
My glass is half-full.
So in my heart it’s always sunny.
2. A new episode of What I Bought Wednesday is live on my YouTube channel. There are so many cute home finds this week, including the prettiest baskets.
You can see it here.
3. Charles Dickens is one of the most brilliant authors who have ever lived. He knows his way around a random supporting character like no one’s business. I just finished watching Little Dorrit on Prime this past week and it is amazing.
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. We discussed:
- how to decorate with hydrangeas
- the best blue and white rugs
- the prettiest blue and white home tour
- this fun vintage find I discovered
4. Remember when I asked your advice about cutting off my white jeans? And you said to go for it? Guess what? I DID IT. I’m so short that I have to cut off almost every pair of jeans I owned.
5. Happy July Fourth weekend. Happy birthday America.
I’m a jean cutting machine.
Thank you for all the fashion advice.
I’m so happy we’re friends.
Let’s see what the internet has been up to this week.
This porch made me so happy.
Those banners are amazing.
I posted this cake on Instagram this week.
It just looks like summer to me.
See the recipe here.
This is such a clever trash-to-treasure idea.
It’s an art easel made from a picket fence.
See the DIY here.
It is officially peach season.
I am here for it.
Here some amazing recipe ideas for fresh peaches.
And in random news:
- This creative DIY
- This home tour is so pretty
- This sweet wedding DIY
- We are making this DIY for the kitchen
- This before and after
- The walls in this home
- These summer date night ideas
- 9 amazing uses for a pumice stone
- Such a cute idea for the Fourth
- This house before and after
- These linen closet organizing ideas
- This beautiful Swedish home tour
- This peaceful seaside home
And one more for the road:
If you’ve ever had a little challenge picking out a lampshade?
And here are all my fun finds from the week:
- This blue and white rug
- This three-piece patio set
- These pearl and gold earrings
- This rattan vase
- This convertible step stool
- This portable charger
- This portable fan (so perfect for the Fourth)
- This five-piece patio set (it’s the one I have in the backyard)
happy random Saturday to you
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post. If you purchase something through my links, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Thistlewood.
18 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email