Random thoughts on a sunny almost summer Saturday morning:
1. Happy Mother’s Day. May your day be full of celebrating the special mothers in your life.
2. We spent the weekend planting all the things. I wait every year for May to show up along with my favorite plant on the plant, Dipladenia. We get them every May and they rebloom and rebloom and last until October in Texas. They are in the Mandevilla family, but they don’t have to use a trellis or a stake.
3. I just got BritBox TV. I wanted to watch The House Of Elliot and I signed up for a free trial and loved it so much that kept it. Do you have it and if so what are your favorite shows?
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. We talked about
- these easy ideas to celebrate Mother’s Day
- how to update a kitchen on a budget
- 21 creative uses for label makers
- my favorite blue and white finds from my living room
5. If you are looking for a good book, The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah is amazing. Also check out the Four Winds and Winter Garden. Perfect summer reading.
Need a little inspiration for the weekend?
I got it.
Here are my favorite links from the week.
There’s nothing I love more than a yard sale.
Especially one that’s virtual.
Follow along here for all the details (so many AMAZING things).
This is the season for planting.
Flowers and more flowers.
Have you ever made herbed butter before?
I didn’t even know it was a thing.
This looks so perfect and summery.
This peony wreath is so pretty and looks so real.
Easiest DIY wreath ever.
And in random news
You know I love a drop cloth project and here’s how to make slipcovers out of drop cloths for dining chairs
One more for the road
Do you have a garden shed like this?
Did you know you can paint it?