Random thoughts on a Saturday with a brilliant sun shining over the ocean
1. We are up at Cape Cod for a couple of weeks. We drove to the house last night about 2:00 in the morning and I rolled down the window and smelled the salt air.
It was like I was 10 again driving to the beach with my parents in an old station wagon filled with kids and suitcases.
2. Has anyone read a good book lately? This house is full of them from all the summers, but I’m looking for something new. I just found all my old Nancy Drew books. I might start on those.
3. It was an amazing week on the blog. We discussed:
- how to organize kitchen drawers
- 16 spring budget decor ideas
- DIY book page garland
- the cutest spring decor finds under $25
4. Has anyone started watching Sanditon yet? I loved season one, but I think I like this season even better.
5. I’m going thrifting while I am here. If you ever visit Cape Cod, make sure to add thrifting while you are here. They have the best shops full of vintage finds.
I’ll share all the trips on my Instagram stories.
6. I’m heading out for coffee and breakfast at our favorite spot and then we are going to take a walk on the beach and look for sea glass. What are you doing this weekend?
Here are some of my favorite finds from this week.
It was an AMAZING one.
Look at this front porch.
Those wreaths. Those shutters. Those vintage pots.
Raise your hand if you are all about spring gardening.
Here’s the best post about grown sweet peas from seed.
You can see all the super helpful tips here.
These beautiful framed watercolor flowers.
Wouldn’t it be so pretty with pressed flowers, too?
Did you know where you put stuff in the oven matters?
I literally had no idea.
(Please act surprised).
Here’s the best post on how to choose the best oven rack position for what you are baking.
And in random news:
This beautiful kitchen
This pretty Easter table
These carrot-shaped pastries
What an incredible inspirational icon at 100
These spring decor trends from market
8 rules to do everything better
These flower arranging hacks
This house is so pretty (wait until you see the laundry room)
These Easter cupcakes from a cake mix
Should these vintage trends stay in the past?
I vote yes.
I have so many of them in my house. 🙂
And one more for the road
I’m actually doing a fun photoshoot this week at my cousin’s amazing home.
You can see the entire house here.
What’s in My Cart This Week
- this 32 piece set of storage containers
- this pink dress with a tied waist
- these remote lamp sockets
- these hoop earrings
- this blue and white dress (wearing it for Easter—so flattering–I’m cutting off the ties though)
- this mixing bowl set
- these gold flip flops (under $20—I also got them in black)
- this blue jumpsuit
- these pearl drop earrings
Now I’m off to coffee. 🙂
happy random Saturday to you
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post. Thank you so much for supporting Thistlewood. Any purchase that you make will generate a small commission to me at no additional cost to you.
35 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email