Random thoughts on a chilly, cold, sunshiny winter morning:
1. Are you a cold weather person or a hot weather person? I always think I’m a cold weather person until the cold actually shows up.
Right now I’d love to be at the beach.
2. I just shared another edition of “What I Bought Wednesday” over on my YouTube channel.
You can see it here.
I’m also posting a fun winter decorating video later this afternoon. You can follow along with the channel here if you want to get a notification about it.
3. I’m about to start watching Yellowstone. I wasn’t sure about the language so I found a service called VidAngel that filters out stuff you don’t want. I haven’t used it yet, but I will report back.
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. We discussed 21 ways to decorate with pinecones and how to fall in love with your house and how to organize a junk drawer and realize that there are some days that you step in it.
5. We are ALMOST done with painting the plywood subfloor in the bedroom. I can’t wait to show you the room.
6. And the rusty jingle bell tutorial goes live next week.
Without further fanfare or a ticker-tape parade, here are the things I found for all of us this week.
So many GOOD FINDS.
Remember all the ways to decorate with pinecones?
What if they were bleached? The ways would all multiply.
Here’s how to bleach pinecones.
These bathroom storage ideas.
I’d never heard of number one before, but I think I might order it.
Chocolate chip cookie pie.
Does life get any better?
See the recipe here.
I’ve been trying to be more mindful this year.
Present. In the moment. Finding joy in the right now.
These tips on the art of slow living were so beautiful to me.
And in random news:
This house tour is so pretty (look at the piping on the couch)
This floral design studio
These infused water recipes
This idea to turn old sweaters into a wreath
These are such good Valentine’s ideas for teens
And one more for the road
Here’s another idea for a wreath from old sweaters.
You can felt them and make leaves.