Random thoughts on a sunny summer Saturday:
1. What is your favorite fish? And how do you fix it?
I’ve never cooked fish before and I’m looking for ideas.
2. This week I published another episode of “What I Bought Wednesday” on my YouTube Channel including the BEST new way I found to get rid of stink.
You can see it here.
3. Did you know you can soak hydrangeas in water to bring them back after they wilt? One more reason hydrangeas are the best summer flowers.
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. We discussed the best beach reads for 2021 and talked about summer celebration ideas and the most realistic house plants and the summer capsule wardrobe I put together.
5. And I”ve been fraying all my jeans lately (and distressing them a little, too). I just cut them off and toss them in the dryer and they look a little more vintage every time.
I’ve rounded up the best stuff this week for all of us.
Look at this.
SO YUMMY. It’s fettuccine alfredo made with zucchini noodles and shrimp.
You can see the recipe here.
And you know I’m all about a thrifted find.
Here are seven of the cutest.
This idea is filed under “Why didn’t I think of that?”
See these flowers?
You’ll NEVER guess what she made them from?
And I found a new blog for us.
Have you seen Robyn’s French Nest?
It’s FULL of the CUTEST decorating ideas.
And in random news:
This coastal home tour
This no-bake key lime pie
These ideas for the Fourth
Love this trend
This summer kitchen
These fireplace makeover ideas
This dorm room checklist
And did you see the giveaway with the new Mary Kay Andrews book?
I stayed at her beach house on Tybee Island (and of course I took pictures).