Random thoughts on a brilliantly sunny Saturday morning:
1. I am equal parts happy and sad this morning. Yesterday was our last football game. The last game Westleigh will ever cheer. The last game Whitney will ever high kick at. Tears are running down my face as I type this.
But with the tears for the end of a chapter?
Came a sigh of happiness for all the wonderful things just ahead for those amazing, incredible, sweet daughters of mine.
2. I tried a chin mask for the first time this week. It was equal parts hilarious and awe-inspiring because it worked so well. My gobble is (temporarily) gone.
3. I am ALMOST done with my Christmas shopping. If you need any ideas for hard to shop for people on your list? I have done the research and now I am officially an EXPERT. Just message me and I’ll be your personal shopper.
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. Truly. We talked about this super simple ceiling DIY project and I shared some of my best budget gift guides and we discussed how the blog got started and took a mini Christmas tour of the house.
5. I also shared my heart over on Instagram this week.
Y’all. There is SO MUCH Christmas perfection everywhere we look. EVERYWHERE. But truth? The most beautiful decor of all?
Decorating from the heart and remembering the real reason for this wonderful season we call Christmas.
Don’t let the perfection overwhelm you.
Just come sit by me.
I’m so imperfect it will make you feel so much better. 🙂
Let’s see all the amazing things I found for us from around the internet this week.
This beautiful Christmas table.
And it’s under the stars.
This yummy Christmas bread.
It would be perfect for Christmas morning.
See the recipe here.
This beautiful Christmas front porch.
I love that plaid doormat.
And this cozy home playlist.
Nothing says Christmas like a little music.
And in random news:
These adorable mug cookies
This gentle reminder
These scandinavian trees
This beautiful front door
How to hang garland on a mantel
Look at Windsor Castle at Christmas
This oversized wreath (you’ll never guess what they made it from)
How to decorate a tree with ribbon
And y’all. I just discovered a new blog for us.
Wait until you see her Christmas home tour (even the computer screen is pretty).
And one (two) more for the road:
And in case you needed a little Christmas decorating help, I have a couple of fun ideas for you.
Here’s a video I just filmed on Facebook of the SIMPLEST bow ever that doesn’t even need wire.
You can see it here.
And if one video weren’t enough?
I also filmed this video on Facebook about how to use scrap wrapping paper to decorate the top of your gifts.
You can see that video here.