Random thoughts on a chilly fall Saturday morning:
1. Today the football game we wait for all year. Baylor v. the University of Texas. It’s a house divided. I went to Baylor and my husband went to UT and I have just one thing to say.
2. I got SO MANY questions about my new nail system when I posted it last week so I think it bears repeating (no Baylor pun intended).
I used to get shellac on my fingernails every couple of months and it wasn’t that good for my nails, so now? I found a solution that works even better.
- Dark Gray OPI Nail polish
- Light Purple OPI Nail polish
- Light Pink OPI Nail polish
- Quick Dry
- Cuticle Oil
- Nail Polish Remover Pad (similar)
Here are the products I use (they are affiliate links) and what I do.
- I use the OPI nail polish first.
- I paint THREE coats of nail polish on (you really need three to make it look like shellac).
- Just know that it takes FOREVER to dry. If you are going to do this system—allow about 30 minutes of drying time (even with the quick dry).
- But once it dries? It looks JUST like shellac for 1/16 of the price.
- I use the cuticle oil every day and every three days I add another coat of polish and another quick dry coat.
- It will last for about 10 days and look like you got your nails manicured.
- Let me know if you have any questions
This beautiful Thanksgiving dinner table.
So many fun ideas for turkey day.
You can see them all here.
Aren’t these the cutest?
They are apple mini-skillets and they make your house smell amazing.
You can see the recipe here.
This clever idea for a pumpkin.
Those butterflies are so sweet.
And these outdoor yard dice.
I want to make them for outdoor Yahtzee.
You can see the DIY here.
And in random news this week:
5 morning habits that will change your life
This vintage farmhouse
I didn’t even know this was a thing
My dream place to stay (but only for a couple of days)
This clever pumpkin bread
This fall dining room
If you are over white kitchens? This is the kitchen for you.
And one more for the road
If you are looking for the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table?
These pumpkin rolls are made from frozen bread dough.
You can see how I made them here.