Random thoughts on a Labor Day Saturday weekend:
1. I hope you are doing more funning and less laboring this long weekend.
2. Yesterday my husband came in with a smoothie that he told me he created. He told me I would like it. He told me it was healthy. And when I asked him what was in it? He proudly told me with a smile.
Chocolate and broccoli.
No. Just no.
3. Our Christmas Crafts have started over in the FREE Christmas group. This past week we made a tree with vintage jewelry and a coastal Christmas wreath. If you haven’t joined us yet, I wanted to invite you over to the group. You can request an invite here.
4. I’m putting together the most AMAZING e-book for Christmas and I’d love for you to be a part of it. You don’t need a blog or even social media, I just want to see YOUR amazing Christmas decor pictures. If you would like to send in pictures, here’s the form to fill out for submissions for the book.
5. It was an amazing week on the blog. We talked about some of my favorite fall stems and I shared a simple fall craft and my mother-in-law’s amazing snickerdoodle recipe and my makeover in a month before and after living room.
6. Did you know this was issue 250 of Thistlekeeping? Yep. There are 249 other Thistlekeeping posts I’ve put together. If you want to go down the rabbit hole that is Thistlekeeping you can click here.
Let’s see what the internet has been up to this week.
I’m all about decorating with vintage finds for fall.
Look how simple this idea is. Tarnished silver + wheat.
Here are five other creative simple ideas to decorate for fall using vintage finds.
This adorable DIY pillow.
And it’s no-sew.
You can see the entire project here.
Did you know you can bleach pinecones?
Here’s a simple, easy way to bleach your pine cones for fall and Christmas.
And this beautiful ode to Autumn.
I could sit and look at these photos all day.
And in other random news:
Have you ever heard of Monstera plants
What everyone needs from Craigslist
This made me laugh out loud
This before and after laundry room
How to make your own apple pie spice
This creative idea for a porch
How to make homemade waffle cones
This looked so yummy
This beautiful bedroom
And do any of y’all know the Novogratz’s? I have followed them since they used to have a show on television. They are some of the most creative, think outside the box designers I have ever met and they fascinate me.
Here’s a preview of their new collection with Target.
And one more for the road.
This is the long-ago before picture of the porch. You won’t believe what it looks like now.
You can see the after over on the Jeffrey Court blog here.
14 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email