Random thoughts on a first-day-of-school week Saturday:
1. Have you noticed that if you say something out loud it appears in ads?
The other day I was talking about going to a store and IT SHOWED UP IN MY ADS ONLINE.
2. My son is going back to college today. He’s packing his bags and his computer and his six-month supply of Ramen and he’s heading to Waco.
I am going to miss him so much.
3. Just in case you ever thought about moving to Texas? It was 108 degrees in places in Texas.
Fall. I’m looking at you.
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. I shared with you the start of my makeover in a month series and we talked about what every French door needs and I showed you my before and after back porch and how to turn any room into a classroom.
5. I ordered the perfect mesh tennis shoes for fall. They come in so many different colors and they are SO comfortable and they are so inexpensive. I already had one pair, but I’m ordering another pair in the apricot. Just a quick tip—if you order them be sure and size down if you are in between sizes. They run a little big.
Let’s see all the amazingness that I found for us this week.
Love anything free.
Love anything fall.
And love anything decorating.
This post checks all the boxes.
Love these tips to get this finish on your wood.
Here’s a hint.
It’s so much easier than you think.
Love this transformation.
Here’s how to slipcover a desk chair.
Here’s how to arrange grocery store flowers.
Simple and pretty all at the same time.
See the tips here.
And in random news this week:
This new old farmhouse
Simple tip to decorate for free
This yummy pie recipe
This fun DIY
How to add lettering to cookies
This kitchen is still one of my favorites
Homemade banana pudding recipe
Waco’s newest addition
These fun antique finds
And have you seen this?
Another amazing remake. Dirty Dancing is coming back to the big screen.
One more for the road
I’ll leave you with this story today because I have children leaving for college and children starting school and I’m feeling all sappy and sentimental.