Random thoughts on a brilliantly hopeful optimistic sunny Saturday morning:
1. Happy Mother’s Day to my mother (and to all the amazing mothers out there).
Thank you for guiding and shaping and molding me into the woman that I am today.
I owe you so much more than I can ever type between and in the lines of this blog.
2. I know I ask this every week but are you watching Belgravia. It’s the newest show from Julian Fellowes (who created Downton Abbey) and it is so good.
If you are, let’s discuss in the comments.
If you aren’t, you can read all about it here.
3. I just ordered leopard print tennis shoes for fall. Watch out world.
4. Remember when I asked you all to help me pick out an office? Real estate goes so fast around here and two of my options disappeared before I could get them. After lengthy discussions, we decided we were going to build an office/workshop in the back yard and had started to work with a builder back in March.
Well. A lot has happened since March.
So we’ve moved everything to this summer (hopefully) and I can’t wait to take you all along on the build and all the behind the scenes of the new office/workshop where I’m going to have a photography studio and hold classes and workshops and tons of other fun things.
5. It was an amazing week on the blog. We painted the porch together and tried to guess the prices of houses and decorated with vintage finds and made the cutest drop cloth hydrangea pillow.
And I uploaded a new video to my YouTube channel.
Let’s distract ourselves with all the fun things I found around the internet this week.
Love this simple flower garland DIY for spring.
You could drape it over a doorway or a window or even a stair banister.
See the DIY here.
I loved this post on transferware.
It was super informative and I want to add to my collection now.
You can see it here.
I found this floral arrangement and I love it.
Mostly because I never thought of using that greenery in an arrangement. I have tons of bushes of whatever that is in my yard and now I have free greenery for all my flowers.
You can see the arrangement here.
And you all know what a fan I am of bringing in branches from outside.
Here’s another idea for your free branches.
You can see it here.
And in random news this week:
How to clean make-up brushes
Have you ever tried this?
These 22 outdoor projects to try
This completely unsolicited advice
These transplanting tips
These pillow combinations
I’m making this DIY today
Hiking the continental divide in four minutes
And if you are like me and you’re sitting in ZOOM meetings all week, why not have a fun background.
I found these FREE backgrounds from IKEA.
You can see them here.
And one more for the road.
If you are looking for an outdoor project like this painted concrete porch?
I have 25 of them here just waiting for you next weekend.
And it wouldn’t be Mother’s Day if I didn’t share one of my all-time favorite gifts.
15 Comments - Leave a comment
Share: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by email