Random thoughts on a cloudy Saturday morning:
1. I went to a virtual happy hour at Downton Abbey yesterday. Yep. That’s right. I virtually hung out with the Earl and Countess of Carnarvon yesterday. She drank an Aviation and he drank a Hanky Panky.
And his friends? They call him Geordie.
Suffice it to say.
It was amazing.
2. My friend sent me Texas Pecan Coffee with the prettiest blue and white mug. I can’t get enough of it. It’s not an overwhelming flavor—just enough of a hint to take away some of the bitterness that comes with coffee.
3. We are in the middle of watching Ekaterina the Great–complete with Russian subtitles. I didn’t know anything about Russian history and I think it’s fascinating that this part of Russian history takes place at the same time as the American Revolution.
4. It was a fun week on the blog. We talked about this simple update for kitchen cabinets and how to paint a faux metal copper roof and discussed recliners and I shared 21 decorating mistakes I’d made and how I fixed them.
5. In YouTube news, I just made a new video about how to pick a paint color (and some of my favorite paint colors, too). Thank you to all of you who are following along on my channel and for giving me so much encouragement when I try something new.
Let’s distract ourselves with all this inspiration and these creative ideas.
This is such a fun DIY.
She made over this piano stool and now it looks so vintage.
You can see more of the project here.
I saw a DIY for a bigger planter like this and I was a little intimidated.
But this DIY is so much easier.
You can see it here.
Love these pressed flower coasters.
You can see the DIY here.
(and look who’s book is in the background, too.)
Love these simple tips for pressing flowers.
And tons of ideas on what to do with them.
You can see them here.
And in random news this week:
These simple tips
This is so inspiring
This pretty outdoor patio
This technology tip
These looked so yummy
This is literally genius
This screened-in porch
And in amazing news? The magazine that I write my decorating column for—American Farmhouse Style is giving away the March/April issue as a FREE download.
You can see it here.
I just updated my Shop My House page with some fun new blue and white finds and you can see it here.
And here are some of my favorites.
disclosure: affiliate links are used on this post.