Random thoughts on a brilliantly sunny Saturday morning:
1. I learned a new term this week.
According to the twins, it means you are not-so-subtly dropping compliments about yourself in conversation.
Apparently I “flex” all the time and didn’t even know I was doing it.
2. Have you watched the new Masterpiece series on PBS called World on Fire? It is SO GOOD. It takes place in Europe at the very beginning of World War II and there are so many story lines and characters that draw you in. I may or may not have stayed up until 2:30 last night watching it.
3. I also found the BEST face cream that I’m hooked on. You can order it on Amazon. It’s under $10 and it makes your skin feel so hydrated and soft.
4. Thank you so much for all the sweet comments and encouragement about my new YouTube Channel and the video house tour. I’m going to be posting a new video every week and I can’t wait to share the next one about all the decorating mistakes I’ve made.
5. It was a fun week on the blog. We talked about simple art projects you can make and I showed you a before and after room makeover and how to paint a ceiling and we talked about how far the house has come.
Ready for a little distraction?
Here are some of my favorite links from around the web this week.
A friend of mine just started a brand new blog.
And I LOVE IT.
You can see her blog here.
Love everything about this bathroom.
Especially two sinks in a smaller space like this.
This was my favorite transformation of the week.
Wait until you see the vase before.
Here’s the DIY for the project.
And if you were looking for Mother’s Day brunch ideas?
Start with these muffins.
You can see the recipe here.
And in random news this week:
Where to splurge and save
This creative space
This beautiful home tour
This creative DIY
This upcycled project
This was my favorite post of the week: How to revive day three hair.
I took notes. 🙂
One more for the road.
I wrote this post a while back about how to mix and match pillows and it’s been pinned over 12,000 times.
You can see it here.
(total aside: I just ‘flexed.” Did you notice?)
I need to check with the twins to make sure I did it right. 🙂
happy random Saturday to you
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post