Random thoughts on a brilliantly sunny winter Saturday:
1. We are in the middle of a fun makeover for the back porch. We are tiling it with the prettiest slate tile and adding columns. I am literally falling madly in love with the porch at this exact moment and I can’t wait to show you my new sweetheart.
2. This past week I was a little under the weather and spent copious amounts of time lounging on the couch and drinking hot tea and generally trying to convince myself I wasn’t sick.
But in the middle of all that couch lounging, something amazing happened.
I re-discovered one of my favorite series.
Dr. Thorne hosted by Julian Fellows.
3. We are shopping for dresses for the upcoming dance in a couple of weeks. I’m so happy I’m back on coffee now. I’m going to need it.
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. We talked about my top 10 favorite rugs from Walmart and organized our kitchen cabinets with this one simple tip and shared this simple bedroom makeover and I told our love story from the very beginning.
5. Next week is going to be so much fun. Here’s what’s coming up:
- Monday: a house tour of a modern farmhouse
- Wednesday: a fun announcement about the twins new book
- Thursday: DIY floral spring pots
- Friday: simple tip for painting windows
Are you ready for some fun?
Here are some ideas and inspiration I found on my travels around the internet.
This concrete planter is a DIY.
I love the organic element of it mixed in with other accessories.
You can see how to make it here.
This beautiful bedroom reveal.
I love the dark wall and that paneling.
You can see the rest of the room here.
I know I’m off sugar and gluten, but a girl can dream.
Doesn’t this blueberry crumble look amazing?
See the recipe here.
And if you’ve thought about changing out your front door or just the hardware or color, this post is full of inspiration.
So many front door ideas.
And in random news this week:
This pretty mudroom color
These DIY heart pom poms
These amazing FREE farmhouse printable valentines
How to soften butter
This creative wreath idea
These cookie box houses
This pretty modern farmhouse living room
This was so funny
And in honor of the Oscars this weekend….
And one more for the road
Have you ever thought about making your own DIY roman shade?
It’s so much easier than you think.