Random thoughts on the first weekend of a new decade:
1. Has anyone heard that you’re supposed to write out 2020 when you sign anything now—especially financial documents? For example, instead of writing 1/2/20—you are supposed to write 1/2/2020 because it’s so easy for someone who does NOT have your best interest at heart to add anything they want to the end of that simple 20.
2. The twins FINALLY got their official licenses from the DMV. They went one day and waited for five hours OUTSIDE in the cold and just made it up to the door and were told that there was a state-wide shutdown of the DMV. Then they went back yesterday and waited for a total of five hours OUTSIDE and two hours inside and FINALLY got their license.
I told them driving would be easy after all that.
3. As a family, we went to the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans on New Year’s Day to cheer on our Baylor Bears. It was an amazing time even though we lost.
Do you know that as my kids grow older I love them even more?
I told them I would be friends with them even if I wasn’t related.
5. Want to know what’s coming up on the blog this week?
- Monday we are organizing the pantry.
- Tuesday I’m showing you how to declutter your home in 20-minute increments so we don’t get too overwhelmed.
- Thursday I’m sharing a love story straight from the heart.
- Friday I’m going to show you how to add character and personality to a builder-grade door.
Make sure you are following along by e-mail so you don’t miss a post.
It’s Saturday. The day I share with you all the fun things I found from my travels around the internet.
Love these ideas for transitioning from Christmas to winter.
How’s your de-Christmasing going?
If you need tips, you can read them all here.
I love the heart of this post and found it so inspiring.
It’s all about her plans for next year.
Love these simple winter decorating ideas.
I could look at her photographs forever.
See the post here.
This is an amazing recipe.
I’ve eaten it myself and proclaimed it one of the best pasta dishes I’ve ever eaten.
See the recipe here.
And in random news this week:
This fun book club
These romantic road trips
I am so all about making this wreath for winter
Simple ideas for styling shelves
This beautiful kitchen
I read this and it truly resonated with me. It’s my goal for 2020.
one more for the road
I have a fun announcement. In the spirit of the new year and putting it out there and keeping it real, I thought it might be fun if we crafted together.
If you want to get your own ribbon and join along I’d love to see you there (if you don’t have Facebook, no worries, I’ll put the video on here and on my YouTube channel so you won’t miss anything).
And then I’ll show you how to decorate with the bow, too.
Hope to see you there.