Random thoughts on a cold December morning:
1. We finally have heat back. Have you ever noticed that you don’t really miss heat until it’s gone? We had to get all the ductwork replaced under the house and when your ducts are sitting on your front lawn you don’t have any heat.
I thought it was going to be 60 degrees.
I thought wrong.
Texas chose this week to have a low of 29 degrees.
2. We are going to a Christmas parade of lights tonight in our historic downtown. The twins are marching in the parade and I think I heard a rumor that Santa was going to be there too.
3. It was an amazing week on the blog. This week we talked about six simple last-minute hostess gifts and made trees from an old book of carols and took a twinkly Christmas tour and I shared a story that makes me happy and sad all at the same time.
4. This last week I went to a gift exchange party where we played dirty Santa. There was something that I wanted SO MUCH. I stole it and they stole it back and then I stole it again and brought it home and I’ll show it to you and how I decorated with it on Monday.
5. I have the cutest last-minute Christmas gift wrap ideas that I’m making next Wednesday. Make sure you are following me on my new YouTube channel so you don’t miss it.
Let’s see what I found to share this week.
Christmas in a barn with sliding doors.
These pom pom trees are such a fun easy project.
They look like snowball trees.
You can see the DIY here.
This dessert charcuterie board is such a fun idea.
You can see the how-to and instructions here.
This is such a clever idea for a wreath.
The DIY is so much simpler than you think.
You can see it here.
And in random news this week:
This simple DIY
These colorful trees
This is the cutest gingerbread house
Simple tips for hanging holiday garland
This creative mantel
This love story
Love this behind the scenes tour
And in super exciting news….I have a big announcement that I’m going to be sharing right after the first of the year. I can’t tell you yet, but it’s going to be A GIANT LEAP OF FAITH with my friends Jessica and Wendy.
I’ll give you a hint.
It rhymes with the word LAKO. 🙂
And one more for the road
This was my favorite Christmas post this year.
I hope it inspires you, too.
You can see it here.